BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Turns out this is my Thanksgiving post

No new news here. I have been delaying posting until something exciting was happening. I got nothing. Im praising God for every day he has allowed me to remain in my home because it truly has been a gift. Im thankful for my husband and his unrelenting willingness to do whatever it takes to provide for his family. We are nowhere in the clear but I am recognizing and Im really looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas. I really do think these are some of the best days of my life. My kids are young and still LOVE to do stuff with me. I am entertained by them and they allow me to do things that people without kids cant do.
Things such as:
Watching kids shows: Dont lie! You know that you have laughed at Phinneas and Ferb or danced to "Hot Dog Hot Dog Hot Diggity Dog." And even though somedays you wonder if gouging your eye out would be more entertaining then watching just one more episode of Yo Gabba Gabba...just remember that the party in your tummy is what convinced your child to even attempt to eat spinach and then they tried and now they like it!
Coloring and Art on your Fridge: Let's first start with coloring. What a great way to reduce stress...coloring a picture of My Little Pony. If you havent tried it you have to. I find myself asking my children if they want to color just so I can spend the time coloring. Same with crafts. I love making crafts! Cutting stuff out of foam or construction paper, using glue (or even better...glitter glue), googley eyes, colorful pipe cleaners, string, you name it! You'd be amazed what that white elementary glue can hold! And then the best part, the pride that both parent and child have hanging the art in the Gallery De Fridge. I have even taking to hanging other near and dear childrens art on my fridge! All the Picasso Pieces on earth couldnt hold the value that these pictures hold for me.
Playing Tag and Hide and Go Seek: Tell me this doesnt rock! The best part about tag is that when you play with the kids, typically, or at least my daughter, can't run because she is laughing so hard so much that she suddenly gets a very stunned look on her face and says "Mommy, I peed a little." Wouldnt trade it. I also have to note that I love their willingness to run aimlessly. Even when no game of tag is going on, they continue to run just because running is fun and unlike me, they dont have the fear of their ankle buckling below them or that every part of their anatomy is freely bouncing so they run with everything they have. My nephew does this well. I just love watching that.
My most favoritest ( btw, you can use made up words like favoritest when you have kids) part of Hide and Go Seek is when I seek. To pretend to look for these "well hidden" little ones and you cant possibly find them even with the giggles and whispering that you can hear clearly coming from the closet. Then the look on their faces when you find them. Snapshots in my brain.
Animal sounds: Tell me for what other reason would you need to make your best and loudest Oink!
Dancing and Singing around your House: Now I admit I dance and sing around my house regularly prior to kids and with or without an audience still, but nothing is like forming your own rock band with pots and pans, the broom as the guitar, and the hairbrush as the microphone. Watching kids interpretations of what band does is really amusing. I also love hearing the interpretations of the words. I will have to add some lyrics that Emma has made up when I can think of it.
Simple Prayers: It is funny when I dont have an adult audience the nervousness of praying out loud just goes away. Most nights I get the privilege of praying with my daughter before she goes to bed. The best part of those prayers for me is not only hearing her prayers which typically include praying for the United States of America and for Papa and that his legs heal, but I love my being freed of the pressure of prayer that makes perfect sense with big Godly words. It works to pray for things such as just for our family and keeping us safe and giving us happy sweet dreams. God knows our heart and I think that is evident when you pray with a child.

All in all, the best memories by far in my life are created with a child involved. Whether it was my own childhood or living life with my children. God has blessed me in this way and to this day I dont understand what I did to deserve it but I thank him everyday. Even with the simple prayer of thanking him for the blessing of a family.

See...I started this post not having anything to say. Goes to show that even when I have nothing to say I still have something to say.


1 comments:

everydayMOM said...

Hey Val... just stumbled upon your blog today... You're such a good mom! I love all the things you do with your kids! You are so right... these moments we have with them are so precious. Enjoy!!